Chatham House is pleased to invite applicants for the Academy Robert Bosch Fellowship (Russia and Eurasia) in the Queen Elizabeth II Academy for Leadership in International Affairs.
The fellowship is aimed at candidates at the mid-stage of their career and who come from academia, NGOs, business, government departments, civil society or the media. They should possess knowledge of, and an interest in, one of the following policy-related challenges:
- Developments in Economic Growth, Modernization and Democratization in the Eastern Partnership Countries and/or Russia;
- Domestic Political Elites and Networks of Power;
- Societal Changes, Social Capital, Migration, Inter-ethnic Relations and Non-state Actors;
- State Capacity, Resilience, and External Influences on Domestic Politics in Eastern Partnership Countries and/or Russia.
- Relations between EU/NATO and the Eastern Partnership Countries/Russia;
- Security and Conflict Resolution;
- Prospects for Intra-regional Conflict or Cooperation;
- Relations between the Eastern Partnership Countries and Russia.
The fellowship is open to citizens of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine.
It is required that the applicant holds a completed BA degree or equivalent, Masters degree with an international focus is preferred.
The fellow will receive a monthly stipend of approximately £2,340. Modest provision is made for the costs of relocation, fieldwork, and possible publication costs.
A fellow’s time will be split between three key areas:
- Completing a personal research project of the fellow’s own design undertaken with the guidance of a Chatham House expert, (approximately 50%).
- Contributing to the ongoing research activities of their host research team and other Chatham House teams as appropriate (approximately 20%).
- Participation in the Academy’s Leadership Programme (approximately 30%). The Leadership Programme is a key part of the Academy fellowships. It provides fellows with the opportunity to develop their knowledge, skills, network and self-awareness, which they can then draw upon in their future careers as effective leaders in their field.
We invite those interested to read more here and to submit their application (CV, Application Form, Passport Copy, Writing Sample in English) by the 29th of April 2018 at the following e-mail address: AcademyRobertBoschFellowships@chathamhouse.org .