The Economic Policy Institute looks forward to holding the 14th edition of the annual Summer Seminar for SEE and the Black Sea region which will take place in the period June 3-7, 2013 in Albena resort, at the Bulgarian Black sea coast. This year’s edition is organized with the kind financial assistance of the Hanns Seidel Foundation and the Representation of the European Commission in Bulgaria.
The 14th Summer Seminar will focus on the topic “Public Policy Challenges – European and Regional Dimensions”. Some of the preliminary agenda highlights include:
• International cooperation in SEE and the Black Sea region – constraints and drivers;
• Communicating public policies successfully;
• Public institutions that deliver – tasks and challenges;
• The rule of law, transparency and accountability – the EU dimension;
• Future-oriented public policies;
• Economic challenges and regional competitiveness;
• The experience of CEE – policy implications and economic convergence;
• The future of Europe with 28 members;
• Module sessions:
1) EU Priorities through the prism of MFF 2014 – 2020;
2) Successful preparation for EU accession;
3) EU Neighborhood Policy.
A new spin to the 2013 edition of the Summer Seminar will be the broadening of its scope to public policy professionals from the SEE and Black Sea countries, including not only the traditional target group of young state officials but also representatives of independent policy-oriented research units and think-tanks.