The Black Sea Trust for Regional Cooperation announces the new “Confidence Building – a joint initiative of the Robert Bosch Stiftung and the Black Sea Trust” call for project proposals.
The partners are convinced that civil society can make a valuable contribution to the process of confidence building, mutual understanding and reconciliation between populations in territories presently of recently involved in (armed) conflicts. This initiative is designed to encourage grantees to investigate new ways, methods and approaches for fostering mutual understanding.
The projects should be initiated by civil society organizations which can effectively engage target audiences within the population of the region in their projects’ activities. Organizations requesting grants must be legally registered in one of the following countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine. The involvement of additional partners (especially those from the EU) is possible and welcome.
Projects working in the following areas would be especially appreciated:
- approaches to build and/or strengthen local, regional and national capacities to promote coexistence and reintegration;
- cross-border initiatives for youth;
- approaches to civic education or active citizenship;
- approaches to reconciliation and peace that incorporate experiences from history and convey them to the younger generation;
- arts and cultural work to advance peace and reconciliation;
- the role of media in overcoming stereotypes.
A special emphasis is placed on multilateral initiatives and those that reach out to the neighboring countries.
The average grant will be around 23,000 USD (about 18,000 EUR). Multilateral projects may exceed that amount in exceptional cases.
The projects must be completed and reported to BST by July 2018. The maximum duration of the project should not exceed 6 months.
The deadline for submitting project proposals is September 29, 2017, 18:00 Romanian time.
Find out more information at the following link: http://www.gmfus.org/initiatives/call-applications