UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
“Women’s Economic Empowerment in the South Caucasus” Project is a newly commencing initiative of UN Women, supported by the Swiss Agency of Development and Cooperation and Austrian Development Agency in three countries of South Caucasus.
The purpose of the project is to ensure that women, particularly the poor and socially excluded, in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia are economically empowered and participate in relevant decision-making. The Armenian segment of the project will be implemented by UNDP Armenia in partnership with RA Ministry of Territorial Administration and Development (RA MTAD) and in close collaboration UN Women Country Office in Georgia. Partnerships and synergies will be ensured with regional, local governments, private companies, civil society organizations, other women empowerment projects in the country and region.
The objective of the present Call for Proposals is to seek proposals from NGOs with a strong track record in advancing gender equality, the women’s economic empowerment and social work at grassroot level.The Call for Proposal focuses on Social Mobilization and Local Decision-making Processes.
UNDP is therefore looking to partner with organizations that have proven capacity to develop and implement an innovative and transformational programme to increase target women’s vocational/entrepreneurial skills, economic opportunities, incomes and participation in local decision-making process in Shirak and Gegharkunik Marzes of the Republic of Armenia. The target communities are the following: Chambarak, Geghamasar, Shoghakat, Vardenis in Gegharkunik Marz and Akhuryan, Amasia, Ani, Arpi, Ashotsk, Marmashen, Sarapat in Shirak Marz.
The applicant organization shall have proved track record on the following thematic areas:
- Gender equality;
- Women’s economic empowerment;
- Social mobilization in communities with different social groups;
- Capacity development activities in communities of Armenia.
The proposed project shall cover 24 months implementation schedule and full scope of work in three or four mentioned sub-components; Geographical coverage of the target communities mentioned above in Shirak and Gegharkunik Marz 1.
- Proved track-record in implementing programmes on gender equality, or grass-root level social work;
- Experience working in the target regions/communities;
- Having presence (an office with staff capacity) in the target regions/communities is an asset. Alternatively, applicants should demonstrate that they have existing partnerships or clear plan of establishing partnerships with CSOs/NGOs based in the target districts. In such cases, applicants will indicate potential partnerships and will subsequently need to enter into an MoU as part of this engagement.
- At least five years of experience in implementation of similar programmes, namely: social mobilization to reach out and activate women, including the poor, socially excluded, as well as economically relatively active rural women; and raising awareness on the local governance processes;
- Knowledge of Gender Responsive Budgeting fundamentals is an asset.
The deadline for submitting applications is the 15th of April 2019.
Find our more at the following link: http://procurement-notices.undp.org/VIEW_FILE.CFM?DOC_ID=171060 .