The European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR) is a European Union programme that aims to promote democracy and human rights worldwide through support to civil society initiatives.
The general objective of this call for proposals is to support civil society in its actions to support the protection and the promotion of human rights and fundamental freedoms worldwide.
The specific objectives of this call for proposals are to support civil society and human rights defenders working outside the EU in five key areas of human rights corresponding to the five recurring lots of 2014-2017 EIDHR global calls for proposals:
- Lot 1: Supporting Human Rights Defenders in the area of land-related rights, indigenous peoples, in the context of inter alia ‘land grabbing’ and climate change;
- Lot 2: Fighting against extrajudicial killings and enforced disappearances;
- Lot 3: Combating forced labour and modern slavery;
- Lot 4: Promoting and supporting the rights of persons with disabilities;
- Lot 5: Supporting freedom of religion or belief.
The overall indicative amount made available under this call for proposals is EUR 25,000,000 EUR.
Any requested EU contribution must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts: EUR 250,000 and EUR 1,000,000.
The deadline for submitting Concept Notes is 9 November 2017 at 16:00 (Brussels time).