Title: Intern, Black Sea Trust
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Reports To: Office Manager
The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) is a non-partisan American public policy and grant-making institution dedicated to promoting better understanding and cooperation between North America and Europe on transatlantic and global issues.
This unpaid internship will be with the Black Sea Trust (BST) in our Bucharest office. The intern will work closely with senior GMF Staff to gain practical work experience and provide research, operational and administrative support. The internship is a unique opportunity to work in an international environment on political issues. S/he can also benefit from the experience of working in a knowledge sharing environment with world experts.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Assisting in grant making;
- Conducting research on relevant issues;
- Producing weekly country and issue briefs for GMF and the Black Sea region;
- Assisting with event planning and execution;
- Managing production and implementation of in-house mailing projects;
- Maintaining the BST database entries;
- Maintaining filing systems; and
- Assisting with administrative duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Candidate pursuing a Master’s degree in Political Science, International Relations or another related field.
- Fluency in both English and Romanian is required. Russian or other European language skills are a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Be comfortable multi-tasking, and working independently and as part of a small group.
Start and Length of Internship:
Preferred starting date: April 22, 2013
Preferred length of internship: 3 months, April 2013 to July 2013
To be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume (as one document) online at https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=6347992 by April 12, 2013. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be notified.
GMF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.