The Eastern Partnership Minorities Network (EaPMN), a network in the Eastern Partnership (EaP) countries, offers new training and networking opportunities for organisations working on minority issues in the region. The five establishing partners invite minority organisations to join the network and enhance in cooperation the full participation of minorities in the EaP process.
As part of a 3-year programme funded by the European Union and launched by Minority Rights Group Europe (MRG), a human rights organisation based inBudapest, the network will build the capacity of minority organisations in the region to undertake effective human rights advocacy at national and European level, in particular within the EaP process.
EaPMN members are minority activists and civil society organisations inArmenia,Azerbaijan,Belarus,Georgia,MoldovaandUkraine, including ethnic, linguistic, national, religious minorities, indigenous peoples and visible minority communities. As a result of the programme, minority communities in the region will more effectively participate in shaping reforms and influencing the decision-making processes. In the long run, the cooperation will result in minority-informed policy development and implementation in the EaP countries.
- Train partners on the regional policy framework of the Eastern Partnership and on the minority right advocacy
- Establish a regional civil society network
- Coordinate local and national advocacy and awareness campaigns on minority issues and the Eastern Partnership
- Hold best practice seminars to share regional civil society practice and develop new and innovative strategies addressing minority rights
- Publish the first CSO advocacy guide to the Eastern Partnership, a policy paper assessing the impact of the EaP on minority issues and a resource web portal
- Participation in EaP Civil Society Forums and other regional development fora by minority organisations
- Analytical Centre for Interethnic Cooperation and Consultations (ACICC) inGeorgia
- European Centre for Minority Issues Caucasus (ECMI) inGeorgiaandBelarus
- Analytical Centre on Globalization and Regional Cooperation (ACGRC) inArmenia
- No Borders Project – Social Action Centre inUkraine
You can also contact the EaP Minorities Network Programme Coordinator Shorena Kabaidze ( firstname.lastname@example.org) or MRG’s Human Rights and Development Officer, Zsofia Farkas ( email@example.com)