The Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) has just launched two new Calls for Project Proposals in the field of European cultural cooperation within the Programme Creative Europe (2014 – 2020), Culture Sub-Programme – which, apart from the EU Member States and other countries, also addresses civil society cultural organisations from Georgia, Republic of Moldova and Ukraine.
1. Call for proposals EACEA 32/2017 – ‘Support for European cooperation projects 2018′ (Category 1 – Smaller scale cooperation projects and Category 2 – Larger scale cooperation projects)/ Deadline: 18.01.2018, 12:00 noon (CET/CEST, midday Brussels time)
The main objectives of the support for European cooperation projects are:
- To strengthen the capacity of the European cultural and creative sectors to operate transnationally and internationally and to promote the transnational circulation of cultural and creative works;
- To contribute to audience development by engaging in new and innovative ways with audiences and improve access to cultural and creative works in the Union and beyond with a particular focus on children, young people, people with disabilities and underrepresented groups;
- To contribute to innovation and creativity in the field of culture, for instance through testing of new business models and promoting innovative spillovers on other sectors.
Activities must start:
- For category 1 – smaller scale cooperation projects: between May and December of year 2018.
- For category 2 – larger scale cooperation projects: between June and December of year 2018
Eligible applicants will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria: Relevance; Quality of the content and activities; Communication and dissemination; and Quality of the Partnership.
2. Call for proposals EACEA 35/2017 – ‘Support for cooperation projects related to the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018′ (Category 3 – Cooperation projects related to the 2018 European Year of Cultural Heritage)/ Deadline: 22.11.2017, 12:00 noon (CET/CEST, midday Brussels time)
The main objective of the support for European cooperation projects related to the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018 is to reflect the purpose of the 2018 European Year of Cultural Heritage (EYCH 2018), which is to encourage the sharing and appreciation of Europe’s cultural heritage as a shared resource, to raise awareness of common history and values, and to reinforce a sense of belonging to a common European space.
Within this context, the two objectives of the support for European cooperation projects related to EYCH 2018 are:
- To reinforce a sense of belonging to a common European space;
- To promote cultural heritage as a source of inspiration for artistic contemporary creation and innovation and strengthen the interaction between the cultural heritage sector and other cultural and creative sectors.
Activities must start between January and September of year 2018.
Find out more information about the two calls at the following link: http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/creative-europe/funding/support-european-cooperation-projects-2018_en